Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stupid Pintrest

Pintrest has giving me a false sense of craftiness.  I look through everyone else's crafts and think "Pshh I can do that"  "oh that's cute, that wouldn't be hard to make at all."   I see the captions "Easy Peasy craft 10 minutes or less" and think "A ten minute craft is just up my ally!"   And it doesn't help things that I live in Utah. I feel like I am the only LDS women/lady/girl that doesn't have a crafting website.  Kudos to me though, I at least have a blog =D.

So after looking through all of these crafts, I finally broke down and made a craft of my own.  I didn't think of it of course, I'm not that crafty yet!

Sock Snowmen



















These are the snowmen that inspired me. And I got the idea from here.



I struggled a bunch just a little bit with making my snowmen round.  The bottom was round and fat but the middle just stayed skinny.  I also didn't have another colored sock for a sweater and white on white just didn't look good. So I decided to pull out my finger paints (yes they are made for kindergartners) and finger painted my sock blue!

All in all I feel like I didn't do too shabby.  Which makes me hopeful that I can pull of my next craft....



I found the trees from here.

2 comments:

This is me! said...

I love the snowmen!! They look happy to living with you.

Joshua and Cameron said...

You can do it Linds! I have total faith in you. I'm planning on making stockings and having them done by the end of this week (well they should have been done the first week of December but I screwed them up)