Wednesday, July 25, 2012

National Park Palooza: Death Valley


Brian and I made it out of our adventure alive! I don't know how we managed it but we did.  Our first adventure required surviving Death Valley.

















 Death Valley is the lowest point in the United States. It's also the hottest and driest place in the United States.





















This is our little campground with no one around.  The bathroom was a billion degrees, the water to wash your hands and drink was a billion degrees, and there was no respite from the heat. We did learn that Death Valley is like a convection oven... it cooks you from all sides.
















The next morning when I woke up, Brian was leaning over me, his eyes were wide as saucers and he kept repeating " IT'S COMING!!!" I realized he was talking about the sun. I also realized that it was 5:00 AM. So with nothing better to do, and for the sake of Brian's sanity we packed up our stuff and headed out to cooler temperatures.


But not before stopping to view the......






















And ........

  


















We also stopped to take some pictures of the sand dunes.  Brian did his his bedouin war cry, I sang Arabian Nights from Aladdin.



















All in all Death Valley was interesting but  not interesting enough to visit during the summer time again!

1 comment:

This is me! said...

Wow! I'm going to have to make Brian do his Bedouin war cry, and soon! I love that picture of the sand dunes-