Friday, November 27, 2009

Stephen, my bum friend

So Tuesday night at work I had a bum come into my store.His name was Stephen and he reeked to high heavens but was super nice. He said he needed a phone charger for his phone because he had just lost his. So after looking around for a bit I found one and plugged his phone in to let it charge for a little bit. He wanted to buy it but he only had 5 dollars on him.  After a  minute of thinking he told me he had found another charger today but had thrown it away and he would be right back. After about 15 minutes he came back but told me he had no luck in finding the charger in any of the dumpsters he looked in. He then took his phone and left.

The next day at work I was telling Michelle, (the other girl that works here) about my encounter with Stephen. Well not even 10 minutes later guess who comes shuffling back in... Stephen!!! He stopped in front of the counter an pulled out  a garbage sack he keeps in his shirt, and pulled out a pair of bikers glasses. He pushed them across the counter and said they were for me so when I bike I won't get bugs in my eyes. He asked if he could plug in his phone for a little bit more, and then we chatted about his psychic girlfriend. I offered him one of my sandwhiches, but he turned it down and said he was on a diet and he picked his own food. He than thanked me and gathered up his stuff and left the store. I haven't seen him since, which my nose is greatful for but at least I know if ever I end up a bum I will at least have one friend who can show me the ropes.

1 comment:

This is me! said...

That makes me want to cry! Thanks for being such a nice person and helping him out!