Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brian's encounter with.... "One of them"

In the Brian Stratford dictionary "One of them" is defined as: the crazy people in California who think 60 degrees is cold and when it gets to 60 degrees or below, they will wear their winter gear ie: Snow boots, winter coat, gloves, beanie and/or scarf.

Let me set the scene for you. It had been kind of stormy, and when I say stormy I mean it just rained. The weather was only suppose to get worse. If you watched the news they warned everyone not to drive if they could help it. There was flash flood warnings, mud slide warnings and even a tornado watch. So there Brian was, standing at one of his school bulletin boards in his shorts and t-shirt,  when "one of them" approached him. The kid  was decked out in all his winter gear and he looked apprehensive as he clutched his rainbow umbrella with both hands.

One of them: "Are you from California"

 Brian: (giving the kid his "what are you doing talking to me" look) "No I'm from Utah"

One of them: "So do you think it's safe to drive?"

Brian: "In utah?"

One of them: "No outside in the storm"

Brian: (looks outside and it was cloudy but nothing was happening) "Uhhhh..... what storm?"

One of them: "In the rain!!!!"

Brian: "It's not raining"

One of them: "but the WIND!!!!"

Brian: (thinking back to all his white knuckled winter drives over Sardine Canyon) "I think your gonna be ok!"

2 comments:

This is me! said...

Those Californians wouldn't survive more than 5 minutes here! I can see Brian in a lifted truck, zooming past those wimpy folk, spraying their windshields as he laughs like a maniac!

Joshua and Cameron said...

LOL That is funny! When you say "the storm" I think of the utah storms (or even if its just a few snowflakes and I won't drive in then). I hope that you guys are haveing fun! Message me and update me sometime.