Friday, February 14, 2014

I like you too...

In honor of Valentine's day I present to you a love story: (don't worry it's not sappy)












I was not an easy person to date.  Bless his little heart Brian didn't give up on me.  Even when he told me "I love you" and I patted him. Yes you heard me right. P.A.T.T.E.D him. Most of you have heard this story before but it didn't happen until it's written down. Right?

It was during the summer and Brian had come to Bear Lake to see me.  We had just finished a movie and we were sitting there all snuggley when he said those three little words "I love you." Most girls would have been thrilled! I was completely shocked and scared. I didn't know how to respond.  I liked Brian a lot but I didn't know if I LOVED him.  I didn't want to say it if I didn't mean it but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I thought of comebacks like "I like you too," or "thanks." I even thought about pretending like I had fallen asleep but I had just been talking about ten seconds before so that wouldn't fly. So I did what every sane person would do.... I did the three arm pat.  AND not even just a three arm pat the reeeeeeaaally slow awkward three arm pat that means "That's nice...You are special." I rolled away and slowly left for bed. I heard Brian give a really big "I can't believe I just did that, I'm so stupid SIGH."  You know the one.  He left the next day and I got a phone call from one of my roommates who sort of chewed me out for what I had just done to that poor kids self esteem.  Luckily, Brian didn't give up on me!

However, still to this day if I tell Brian "I love you."  He will reach over and slowly give me a three arm pat!



1 comment:

This is me! said...

Lol- I haven't heard that story! I'm glad he didn't give up on you! :)