Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thar's Gold In Them Thar Hills

Yesterday, Brian and I decided we needed an adventure. So we went to Sutter's Mill.















It was a gorgeous day. I actually had to take off a layer of clothes. It's November and I'm dressing for Woodruff/Logan weather not California weather.

















 
This is a replica of the mill. The original got washed away.  














I decided that I am going to change my career path to prospector!












We took a walk to see James Marshall's monument and we saw these weird trees.























James Marshall is the man who found the first gold flakes. 

















Relaxing














These were my favorite prospecting commandments


1 comment:

This is me! said...

That looks like a pretty place! With weird trees- Don't you think there should still be gold there, somewhere?