Saturday, April 17, 2010

There are just not enough eggs in the world

I used to be scared to drive in San Diego. There were so many cars, and the on and off ramps are a little different here and people let you in if you use your blinker. But some how, some way I overcame this fear. I make U-turns just like the rest of them and I will weave in and out of cars if need be! However, I still hate the drivers here. They drive me crazy! I love to give people dirty looks if they ride my butt to closely or they cut me off somehow. And I only honk when they are really dumb. Brian always tells me to "calm down" and "just drive" or even "your over-reacting." But tonight Brian lost some of his cool, calm composure. As we were driving to the store, we had the green light and some idiot thought it would be smart to turn right when we were going through the light. Brian had to slam on his breaks an swerve in order to miss the other car. While my heart was re-starting Brian had a few choice words for the other driver, "I wish I had some eggs to throw at that idiot." I tried not to laugh in his face, and asked him instead approximately how many eggs would make a good statement. Brian thought only one but I thought three. One to get his attention, two to make him mad, and three to show him whose boss. We were pulling into the parking lot at this point, and Brian was starting to become calm again, when another idiot came backing out of parking lot with out even looking over her shoulder, and almost hitting us. Brian put his hand over the horn and debated whether he should honk or not. He slowly lowered his hand, shook his head and said, " There are just not enough eggs in the world!"


1 comment:

This is me! said...

I'm so proud of him for not losing it with those obviously Lacking-In -The-Driving-Skills-Department California drivers. At least it sounds like Brian wasn't driving like he was in a video game. But maybe he only does that on that one road- the one under the Balboa Park Bridge.