Monday, March 11, 2013

I feel like I'm living in a Fairy Tale!

On Sunday  Erica, Maggie, and I decided to go for a walk.

A couple blog posts ago I posted a picture of a house with sod roofing. Well this is what's inside that house looms....


















 And a fireplace in the middle of the floor
















 The road we were on led us to the Barony and I don't know what this is, but it made me feel like I was in a fairy tale!






































Here is the Barony. We didn't have any one showing us around today so sadly I didn't get all the history behind it but here is the Wiki Page.

















I've heard the gardens during the summer are absolutely beautiful. I'm sad I won't be here to see them. 
















I thought this tree growing on the building was kind of cool. Also, the cat was really creepy!














I would really like to see what it looks like inside


















 This pole was all that was holding up this tree branch





















































We decided to try to find the waterfall so we took off on a path....This is me doing my adventures await pose...



















 I have a million pictures of all the different buildings that look like this but I just think they all have so much character I have to take a picture of all of them!

 












Ice Skating


















I'm king of the rock and there's nuttin you can do about it! Name that movie!!!
















 There used to be a bridge here so we decided to try to cross it.  The edges were really rusted out and didn't look very safe but we still tried it because YOLO right!?!?!


























Looking down into Rosendal and the fjord

















Looking back at the snowy mountains


















 How would it be to live in that house on the hill?!?!

















 We never did see the waterfall so I tried to find out where we walked and where the waterfall was. Apparently, at the Barony we took the high road, and the waterfall is on the low road


















So we took off through the woods to try and find it



















So green!! Again I felt like I was in a magical forest or something!





















Through the woods and under some fences

















We found the waterfall! But we were still on the wrong side of the river


















So we tried to cross it

















About three seconds after this picture was taken I slipped on an icy rock and just walked through the river the rest of the way.  The other girls didn't want to try what I did so we met back up at the bridge.



















And we found the right path to the waterfall but we had to get back for Stein's birthday so we are saving the waterfall for another day.







2 comments:

This is me! said...

The Barony looks amazing! I love the gatehouse (chapel?), carved gate and the tree growing against the walls, even if a creepy cat lives there. It would be cool to live in that little house on the hill. Way to chart a course across the river!

Anonymous said...

Everything does look like a fairy tale setting. Too bad the gardens are dead now I bet they would be cool.