Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Kvinnherad Kirke

Remember this building?

















It was built of brick in 1255 and I got to go to church there! After church Stein and his wife Elke gave us a guided tour!

I can't remember everything he said about it though so here's a cool ship that hangs from the ceiling.. It's a replica to some pirates ship I think.


















 The organ pipes















I liked the arch way
















Where the pastor/preacher/minister/  stands





















Gabby sitting on the Bride and Grooms chairs


















 Aren't Stein and Elke such a cute couple!?!?!....Love them!!

















 The church and the fjord....oh and some dead people

















These are old Celtic headstones

















Even though I didn't understand a thing that happened, I'm really glad that I had the opportunity to go to church in such an old building!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cool church. My favorite parts are the pastors stand and the dead people

This is me! said...

I love those old Celtic headstones!! It's cool to go to church in other places.