Friday, March 8, 2013

Ski Day

Today we had a ski day.  All the schools from Rosendal got to go. That's K-10!


I was a little nervous to go because I haven't been snowboarding for almost three years!  It actually went OK, however I stayed on the "kid hill" all day because there was no way I could make it up the large ski lift.



That little pulley is all that pulls you up the mountain.....
 

















 You put it between your legs





















 And away you go.....



















Up the mountain























 The little elementary kids were so small.


















They did almost everything by themselves

















They were really cute!


 Katlin tried skiing for the first time, and I snowboarded. There was no way that I would be able to make it up the big ski lift so we stayed on the "kid hill" all day.  All the little kids kept telling us "This is the kid hill. (pointing to the other mountain) That's the adult hill over there!" Uff-da!!


















 We almost died a couple times on the way home. The roads are very narrow and we encountered a couple other buses so our driver backed up the mountain until he could find a pullout. 


















Overall, it was a really good day.

2 comments:

This is me! said...

Bruce says the lifts are "cute". I think they look like death! At least it was a beautiful sunny day! That bus picture terrifies me- the roads are really that narrow?

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that the little kids did everything by themselves and it's awesome that you snowboarded!!