Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fast Boat, Buses, and Ferries

Since Norway closes down over Easter Break, I decided to take my mom to Rosendal. I checked and doubled check the boat schedules to make sure everything would work out. I even asked one of the workers on the boat what their schedule was going to be over Easter. He told me it was going to be the normal schedule.......He lied. That means instead of the boat coming at 8:30 it wouldn't come until 3:45. That means we wouldn't arrive in Rosendal until 5:00 and by then it wasn't really worth it to go to Rosendal.  Luckily the information center was still open and they told us that we could take a bus. We just had to wait three hours, and drag our suitcases to the other side of Bergen.  We decided why not.....

Getting ready to catch the fastboat
















Lucky us we were on the third floor.




 Trying to figure out why there is no boat waiting for us

















Wandering

















Taking a break from hauling our suitcases around



 While waiting for the bus we decided to try our luck with hitch hiking


My mom thought a little leg might help

No one picked us up so we got on the bus. Which actually turned out better than the fast boat. We got to ride on not one but TWO ferries!! And the bus just drove up on there like no big deal.  The first time we drove up I didn't realize what was happening until I looked out the window and saw water rushing by. My mom and I rushed off the bus so we could see what was happening.




















This is our bus
































Ferry number one
















 Ferry Number two




















This is what riding buses does to us!

2 comments:

This is me! said...

You had an adventure! Too bad your plans didn't work exactly as planned, but it looks like you had fun anyway!

Anonymous said...

That is a crazy adventure