Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tunnels, Glaciers, and Soup

Stein and Asbjorn took us on a field trip.  We stopped at another really old church. But this church is special because the movie The Vikings was filmed around this area.
















We also saw a frozen Furebergsfossen waterfall. If you look close enough you can see that the ice is blue.

















 When the waterfall is at full force it flows over the bridge

















We also got to drive through a couple tunnels

















We stopped in the middle of the Folgefonna Tunnel. It runs under the glacier and it's 11,150 meters (about 6 miles) long.  It's the third largest tunnel in Norway
















And I did the Macarena in the middle of the road!

















We stopped in Odda
















This is as close as we got to the glacier














We were starving at this point so we went to "The Barn" to eat dinner






















We had a Norwegian Stew for dinner.
















It was sooooooooooooo good! It reminded me of Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden.  I think I had four bowls of it.

  We also had Melkekaker for dessert
The food here is really good. It's real food not the processed stuff  that I'm used to. I never thought I would hear these words come out of my mouth but I'm actually a little sad about leaving all the good food!   

2 comments:

This is me! said...

But that stew has carrots in it!!! The barn looks a little dangerous to me- that carriage could fall on your head at any moment. Love that you did the Macarena in the tunnel...

Anonymous said...

The food does look really good