Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

I decided to take my mom for a hike up Skålafjell.

























I think she liked the view











 In Norway you can't go on a hike without eating Kvikk Lunsj
















While we were eating it some man came over to us and started talking to us really fast in Norwegian. When he finally stopped to take a breath we just said sorry English. He was so shocked and he said "but.....but....your eating kvikk lunsj.......that's so Norweigan, how did you know about it?" Then some other people came hiking up the mountain and he started speaking to them. 
















We also signed our names in the book!


















Before we started hiking my mom told me that we couldn't leave the mountain until we had found the mountain goats so I found them for her.


















They kind of scared me because they were pushing each other around and I knew I was going to get it next.



















Not my mom .. She sat right down














and started to sing songs 

















Which then turned into stories.



The Three Billy Goats Gruff is her favorite story, and she always wanted to be like Heidi when she was younger.   She finally got her chance! I don't think I could have planned this to be any more perfect than it was. Here she is sitting on top of a mountain with the fjord in the background, boats going by, and goats who do what she tells them to do. 

She was very happy with how her day ended up



 Me not so much.
 She didn't even feel bad for me or ask if I was OK. She just pulled out her camera and took a picture.



2 comments:

This is me! said...

This. Is. Hilarious. Those goats really listened to your mom! I think she is a Goat Whisperer.

Anonymous said...

She is exactly like Heidi