Saturday, April 6, 2013

Påske Break

We just had our Easter break and it was amazing! The weather was beautiful and my mom came to see me! The only bad thing about the Easter break is that Norway has the world's longest Easter Holiday.  Norwegian shops and work places are closed over skjærtorsdag (Maundy Thursday), langfredag (Good Friday) and the Monday following Easter Sunday, known as andre påskedag, or the Second Easter Day. So that means everything was closed on Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday. That also means that all the transportation was on different schedules and that means it was very difficult to plan!

My mom and I still had fun though. Here are some pictures of Bergen:

The place we stayed had some really cools stairs






















Our bedroom was very small. I'm standing at the door


Some of the churches in Bergen











































If you look close you can see Poseidon on this house



















Manhole covers
















 I don't know what this place was but these pictures made me want to eat there
















I thought this was an interesting sign

















Very narrow streets

















The National Theater


















This was a creepy statue






















A cool boat and Rosennkratz Tower














The famous Bryggen Warf






















2 comments:

This is me! said...

Cool town- I'm sure you and your mom had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I love the Wharf. What a nice long weekend for both of you.